If ya didn't catch my post from Friday, it was our 4 year anniversary of dating!
We chose to celebrate the entire day on Saturday.
We originally couldn't think of anything we wanted to do, so on Wednesday I came up with the idea of heading down to the beach, riding our bikes along the beach, finding a cute place to eat lunch, then head back home to refresh and head out to dinner and a movie!
Pretty simple & totally relaxed.
Andrew thought my idea was great, so we went for it!
I am typically the type of person who plans all kinds of details when we plan a full day of things to do, like I'll plan when we leave, where exactly to eat, what places to visit during our adventure, that sort of thing. For Saturday, I decided we should just wing it, and see how it goes. It was a brilliant idea & I'm so happy we did.
We 'planned' {okay we had to plan this part at least} to leave around 9am which would get us to Newport Beach by 10 or a little before, perfect time for the sun to burn through the clouds & not to get too crowded if people were actually going to be there. Oh boy, am I glad we at least planned this part. We left at almost 9:30 and got to the beach by 10, but when we got there the parking lot was packed, there were a million people there for the beginning of January, but hey that wasn't going to stop us.
We found a spot to park, then took a walk on the pier!
![]() |
| Can you see those little black dots in the water? Those are surfers, there seemed to be about a million of them! |
![]() |
| Pretty sweet action shot of the surfer here right? |
After our pier walk, we unloaded our bikes & set off towards Huntington Beach, on our bike ride we stopped at a rock area, where you can walk out basically into the ocean, but you're standing on rocks. We didn't go to the end since the waves were hitting the rocks just hard enough to get you wet, and I didn't want to be wet.
![]() |
| the rocks we walked out on. I kept waiting for a good picture with the waves hitting the rocks, but people kept walking down there |
When we had enough of riding our bikes, we walked around to find a place to eat lunch. We ended up finding a place called TK Burger's, a little hole in the wall burger/sandwich place & decided to give it a try. It was soooo good by the way! Andrew just ordered a cheesburger, but I got a grilled chicken sandwich, and it was probably one of the best one's I've had. The chicken was grilled just right!
Then we headed back to the sand to eat our lunch while watching the waves. Of course we had some seagulls visiting us while we ate, but that's no surprise.
![]() |
| We had never seen a brown seagull before, so I snapped his picture! |
After we got sick of paying for the metered parking had our fun at Newport, we headed back home. We ended the evening by eating a simple dinner & going to a movie.
We saw New Year's Eve and I had extremely low expectations for that movie since I had read mixed reviews on it and it was supposed to be similar to Valentine's Day which I didn't care a whole lot for. My thoughts were completely different by the end of the movie. We laughed throughout the entire thing, not like rolling on the floor, tears coming out of your eyes laughing, but some good laughs. The story line was cute, and the cast was wonderful. I suggest this movie as a perfect date movie or for girls night!
What did you all do this weekend? I hope it was a great first weekend of 2012!
P.S. If you don't already follow the sweet Meg over at henning love, I suggest you check out her blog NOW! She's hosting a giveaway that starts today for my new etsy shop! Go check it out & enter! Good luck!!!
P.S. If you don't already follow the sweet Meg over at henning love, I suggest you check out her blog NOW! She's hosting a giveaway that starts today for my new etsy shop! Go check it out & enter! Good luck!!!






3 comments:
Looks like a wonderful way to celebrate 4 years! Congrats on 4 wonderful years together!
Just saw your giveaway over at Meg's blog! Thought I would stop by and say hi! New Follower!
Sounds like it was an awesome day! I live in San Diego and have wanted to drive up to the Orange County beaches and ride bikes as far as we could!
riding bikes at newport is my all-time favorite activity!! and grabbing lunch down there. i can't think of a better way than to celebrate 4 years together. and thank you for sponsoring henning love last month and the adorable giveaway!!
Post a Comment