As I'm sure you are all well aware by now, last Friday was the day that marked 4 years of our relationship together :). We hadn't planned on doing anything on Friday since we planned to celebrate on Saturday in order to spend the entire day doing what we wanted to do.
THE GOOD
The good news for last Friday clearly was that it was our 4 year anniversary! I'm sure you can't tell by now that I'm extremely happy!
![]() |
| Was anyone else aware that Facebook reminds you of your anniversary? I thought this was adorable! |
THE BAD
The bad new for last Friday was that instead of just spending the evening together watching movies and enjoying each others company, we ended up at the doctor's office. Nothing serious, just not where I wanted to spend the evening of our anniversary. And the only reason we had to go on Friday was because it was the only day I could schedule an appointment. You see, I have had this on again, off again wrist pain for the past year, and it typically lasts for about a week at a time. Well last Monday it started to hurt again, and continued through the entire week, but felt like it was bothering me more than usual. So I finally decided I needed to see a doctor, and I needed to do it now, while it was hurting. I explained everything to the doc, and he basically came to the conclusion that it's sprained. A sprain? Then why the heck has it been on again, off again for the past year, don't sprains usually go away after some rest. He told me that with my situation, it's chronic, therefore it will always be something that I will experience coming and going after repetitive use of my wrist. UGH! So for now he gave me a wrist brace, and said wear as needed & then he ordered x-rays to make sure the pathology of my bones were normal. Haven't heard anything back from him yet, so I'm assuming my bones are normal. I have to check back with him in 6 weeks and report what has gone on from now till then. If it's still bad, next step is Physical Therapy {which should be interesting, since I want to be a Physical Therapist, and I've never experienced the patient side of it before} and if that doesn't work then he's going to consider other things like steroid injections, NO THANK YOU! I'm praying it's better before 6 weeks!
THE UGLY
And now for the ugly, this brace. I hate it! It's uncomfortable, it makes the swelling move to uncovered areas, making my hand look totally strange, restricts me from doing just about anything {I guess that's the point} and I just hate it! But it is helping stabalize my wrist, so for now I'm relying on this ugly monster!
![]() |
| not happy about this! |
Sorry for a post full of complaints, but I feel better now that I was able to vent a little :)
Hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday!


No comments:
Post a Comment