Happy New Year! First post of 2012...wow it sounds weird to say that!
I love how every year on New Year's Eve my mom reminds me that the world is celebrating her! She's a New Year's Eve baby, and to help celebrate her birthday this year I took her to breakfast at this delicious restaurant Andrew and I discovered a few months back.
I love how every year on New Year's Eve my mom reminds me that the world is celebrating her! She's a New Year's Eve baby, and to help celebrate her birthday this year I took her to breakfast at this delicious restaurant Andrew and I discovered a few months back.
![]() |
| not to be confused with IHOP! |
The food they make is delicious and is so reasonably priced for the portions they give you! Every time I have been there I have seen a new item being brought out to a guest and everything always looks and sounds delicious. One day I'll move out of my comfort zone and try one of their special items, but until then, I'm sticking to pancakes :)
The food you see above is what my mom and I both ordered. Folks, that's a kids portion right there. See what I'm talking about when I say they give very generous portions. And just trust me when I say they are not expensive at all! I'll let you decide for yourself though :)
I am beyond blessed to be able to call this amazing woman my mother. She seriously is everything and more! I honestly don't even have words to describe how amazing she is, but she is definitely my biggest role model and I am so glad to have her as my mother and friend! Happy Birthday Momma {even though she doesn't read this}
After breakfast I had originally planned on taking my mom to the movies, but she decided she wanted to go shopping and spend some of the gift cards she got as Christmas presents, and well, it was her birthday, so we went shopping, but hey I'm not complaining.
Andrew and I rung in the New Year very casually. We decided not to do anything but stay home and watch about a million episodes of How I Met Your Mother in between baking and watching the ball drop in Times Square. It was a perfect evening, away from the crowds and off the street from the drunks. We relaxed and enjoyed the comfort of our own home {well, my mom's home, but she wasn't there}
| mini cupcakes! |
We toasted with some Moscato, then called it a night! How was your New Years? I hope it was fun & safe, and I wish you all a happy healthy start to this New Year!!!



3 comments:
What a fantastic NYE you had :)
I stayed in as well and sipped on some moscato!
aww what a cute little mini cupcake :) Yum! Your post made me hungry
Ashley! Your Blog is so fancy! I love it. THanks for following me. I am glad we both can keep in touch through our blogs. I hope you are doing well in the new year. Say hi to Andrew for me! :)
Post a Comment