Friday, February 10, 2012

My love story!

It's finally here!!!!
I know I promised my love story back in January when I posted about our 4 year dating anniversary,
but I'm finally doing it now!
In all honesty this post would be perfect to share next Tuesday
but instead I will have some very special treats all week next week!
It's a week full of guest posts, so make sure you come back to see who all the ladies are!

Technically this isn't the love story I originally planned on posting, but it's definitely something!
Becky over at from Mrs. to Mama is doing a great link-up & I am so excited to participate!!!
She has questions for taken ladies & single ladies!
So here ya go!!!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
As of January 6th, we have been together for 4 years :)
On our 4 year anniversary
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
I guess technically we met through a mutual friend. Back in high school he told one of my friends he thought I was cute & at the time I didn't think much about it because I really wasn't interested in dating anyone. He graduated. I graduated. We went on with our lives. I moved away from our hometown to go to college. Back when Myspace was the "cool" thing, he added me as a friend and I accepted because I knew who he was, we had a lot of the same friends, we just didn't really know each other. Anyways, I dated a guy that I had met in college for a year, but it was the worst year of my life. Everything was horrible and I finally had to break it off. {this next part sounds cheesy I know, but bare with me...} I posted something on my Myspace status saying that I was crushed and Andrew decided to take it upon himself to send me a message asking if I was okay, and basically start talking to me {now was his chance!} We began talking, and it was nothing serious at first, but as time went on, we talked more and more. We exchanged phone numbers and would talk on the phone a lot. I made arrangements to come home from school for the holidays, and during this time we decided to meet up and hang out for the first time. It was history from there :)
don't take this story as Andrew was my rebound guy haha. I really was hesitant to date anyone, but he seriously swept me off my feet! I made it clear to him that I was going to take things slow and not committ to anything unless I was absolutely sure it was the right thing to do. Best decision I ever made was to make it something official with him!!!
our first Disneyland trip back in 2007
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We aren't married, but we both know that one day we will be. He is everything that I want in a husband, and I am happy to say that one day he will be my husband. We know right now isn't the right time which is why we haven't gotten engaged/married. I am waiting until I finish school and he is perfectly okay with that decision {see, I told you he was wonderful!}
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
My dream wedding would be outdoors. I would love to have a barn wedding! Now, when I say that I don't mean I want little baby farm animals running around. I want the ceremony to take place outside with a beautiful background and I want the reception to take place inside a cleared out barn! I think it fits both of our styles perfectly, and we both really admire that rustic look! I think it will be a medium sized wedding. Neither of us have huge families, but I have a feeling everyone will want to be there, so we'll see.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I personally am not a huge fan of the nickname thing. He does call me hunny, or sweetie, which is perfectly fine and it actually sounds weird when he says my real name haha. But I don't really call him by any nickname in particular. When we first started dating I called him bug because he is such a lover that bug stuck! It was short for love bug! :)

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
Only 3? haha
I love how he genuinly cares about me. He will seriously do anything at the drop of a hat for me.
I love that he will also do anything for my family, that really means a lot to me because I am a huge family person, and the fact that he will take time out of his day to help my family really makes me a happy girl!
I love that he accepts me for who I am. During the good, bad, and ugly times he has stuck with me through it all. He never complains about any of it either!
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
No proposal yet. My ideal proposal is in a hot air balloon. It's on my bucket list to ride in one, and I think it would make for the perfect proposal. It just seems like it would be so beautiful and serene. Just the two of us {minus the hot air balloon driver?} floating in the air! I would love to have my family there as well, on the ground waiting to congratulate us as we come down! There also has to be someone taking pictures. Before, during, and after. Yes if I was a guy I would have my plan down to a T haha.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
In the past I have received flowers, teddy bears, and candy from him. But that was in the beginning before he knew that I didn't care to have anything as long as I had him. I now tell him to save his money, we can celebrate our love anytime, it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day only!
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Don't get me wrong I love a good sunset dinner, but only on occasion. if it were on a regular basis, I prefer to pop in a movie and relax on the couch. It's much more comfortable for the two of us.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I want to travel with him! I have always had a dream to travel around the world and I would love to share that dream with him! He actually pushes me to explore places I would have never considered before, so I know he would be the perfect person to travel the world with!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Nothing. I know that sounds bad, but as I said before I don't think that one day out of the year should be used to celebrate the love in a relationship, it should be celebrated throughout the year. Also, we won't see each other :( I go to school from 8-3, and he works from 1-11:30pm. Since our schedules are so opposite right now, we really never see each other. It's only short term so we can handle it for now!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope. I want him to save his money :)
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communication and trust. If you can't communicate as a couple then issues can easily arise and not be dealt with appropriately. Trust is also extremely important. If you can't trust the one you're with then why be with them?
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Well there you have it! Our love story with some help from From Mrs. to Mama with her questions.
Soon I'll add a tab at the top of my blog with a more detailed version of how we met/our love story!
I hope you all enjoyed it!
& don't forget, next week I have guest posters all week long.
You're going to love them!!!

8 comments:

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Hey! I just bumped into your blog - super cute! Your love story is so great : ) I hope you get your travels and your hot air balloon proposal!

Jenn

passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

REBrown said...

How fun! Barn weddings are the best. My parents own a dairy farm and we got married there and everyone loved it.

Samantha said...

You two are cute! I hope you get to cross the hot air balloon off your bucket list, along with a proposal!

I didn't realize we were both one of Tammy's sponsors this month!! Great minds think alike! :)

Samf
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

this is so cute! i just found your blog from tammys and what a great way to get to know you. the two of you sound perfect for eachother and that picture of you you guys is absolutely adorable!
love,
elisabeth

Bethany said...

This so such a cute post! Sounds like you have found an amazing guy :)

Unknown said...

I love a happy couple and I love your blog! :)

New follower here - and we've love for you to check us out and follow us too!

www.highheelsandhotdeals.com

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i love this!! my husband did the same thing!! Added me on myspace and we sent each other messages for a while and then moved to the phone! What a small world!! Gotta love Myspace!!

RadiantKristen said...

Haha, I call my boyfriend bug as well... and for the same reason! Small world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...