I feel this video is very appropriate for this post haha.
{I personally kinda find this video a little disturbing haha, it's more about the beat that I like, it has a good tempo}
{I personally kinda find this video a little disturbing haha, it's more about the beat that I like, it has a good tempo}
I bought a gym membership after the New Year hit and I was doing a great job working out
then I got a cold, which put me back 2 weeks
{I didn't want a relapse of it, because honestly I don't have time for a cold right now haha}
I started back up on Monday and although everyday I have to do the self talk thing to force myself to go, I'm really glad I made the decision when I get there.
I've been beyond tired this week, but I have still made myself go every day!!!
I'm proud of myself!
Anyway, I don't bring my ipod because I have the Pandora app on my iPhone
I typically listen to the Black Eyed Peas station on Pandora
& the above song always comes on!!!
I think I actually heard it for the first time while I was working out one day & realized how appropriate this song is for being at the gym!
Well to top off going to the gym every day after being away for 2 weeks
yesterday I ran...
yes, you read that right,
I RAN
you guys, the last time I ran was probably 3 years ago, and the only reason I stopped was because I got shin splints
you guys, the last time I ran was probably 3 years ago, and the only reason I stopped was because I got shin splints
& if you've ever had those you know they hurt like a B
and mine did, for 2 weeks
and mine did, for 2 weeks
which made me NEVER want to run again.
But recently I have become more determined to run a half marathon!!!
Although I am not a runner, & have never been in my past, I really want to accomplish this at some point in my life.
I am so proud of myself for actually running yesterday, granted it was only a 1/4 of a mile, but it was something.
Gotta start somewhere right? I'm going to continue doing 1/4 mile runs until I can work up to 1/2, then a whole and so on.
this will be in addition to my regular routine at the gym
Folks, before we know I'll be sayin'...
"I'm sexy & I know it...I work out"
:)
4 comments:
I love this post for so many reasons. First of all, I am sick right now and today is my 4th day in a row not working out. So when I do get better I feel like its going to be SO hard to get back in the swing of things!! Second, I'm not a runner either but I run. I use to hate running because I would get shin splints so bad but once I found the right running shoes, I haven't gotten them again. (Knock on wood). Anyway, I started like you are saying, by building myself up. I use to barely be able to run a mile then worked myself up to 3. Its been years and I can't get past that 3 mile mark. I always toy with thinking about a half marathon but I just can't get past those three miles!! Good for you!! I hope you can start running again without the shin splints!
I'm disturbed by that too, actually haha! One of my Facebook friends has it on almost every status and I just wanna "yell," NO YOU'RE NOT! SHUT UP!! I'm so mean!
you need to google "couch to 5K". It's an awesome running plan I've used after each of my 3 babies to get me back into running and losing a few pounds... I'm not a very good runner, but this plan helps me a ton!
well done-the first run (in a while) is always the hardest (visiting from tammy's blog) x
Post a Comment