Thursday, February 2, 2012

"I Will Wait"

Last year in August, my aunt invited my mom & myself, along with a few other female family members to join her at the Women's Night of Worship at her church. They called it Fun in the Son and it really was a very enlightening experience.
I'm not the type of person who attends church on a weekly basis
but trust me, I still have my beliefs.
I enjoy events like this because it really opens my mind to a lot of things I wouldn't normally think of.

At the event, there were many speakers who talked about different issues in today's world that females may come across.
One of the speakers was a young woman by the name of Janette McGhee.
She's actually a poet & an amazing one at that.
I was so amazed by her message, that as soon as I got home from the event, I looked her up on youtube because I knew one day I would want to look back at her message from that evening and share it with someone, or just remind myself of what she had to say.

I hope you all take just a few moments {7 minutes} to listen to her message, even if you aren't an extremely religious person, or have never said a prayer in your life, just listen to what she has to say.
I really think you will enjoy it.
And she also portrays it in a great way, so you're not just listening to her speak, so to say.
She does a sort of rap as she speaks.
Listen!
Janette McGhee- "I Will Wait"

What did you think of her?
She's amazing right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...