Happy Valentine's Day readers!!!
I have a very special treat for you today.
This guest post comes from one of the funniest bloggers I follow.
I can't help but get my smile on every time I read a post of hers.
She really knows how to get those tummy muscles working with all the laughs she provides!
Without further ado....
Erin from Living In Yellow!
***********************************************************************************
Well hello there lovebirds.
I have a very special treat for you today.
This guest post comes from one of the funniest bloggers I follow.
I can't help but get my smile on every time I read a post of hers.
She really knows how to get those tummy muscles working with all the laughs she provides!
Without further ado....
Erin from Living In Yellow!
***********************************************************************************
Well hello there lovebirds.
My name is Erin {or E for short} and I write over at Living In Yellow.
I am so excited to be here today for Ashley to talk about loooooooooove.
Being that it is Valentines Day today and all--
I figured I would write about...well what did you expect.
I figured I would write about...well what did you expect.
Valentines Day.
The day that every girl has her hopes {way} too high.
And the day that more times than not, they are let down.
Now don't get me wrong.
I love love.
In fact, I've been in love with my man {aka husband} for the past 10 years.
Yes, I have been in love with him for almost half my life.
Can you blame me?
Those eyes.
Anyhow-back on track.
I'm here to talk about the evolution of Valentines Day.
You know, from when you are first dating-through being married for 5+ years.
This was us.
Us when we were young, dumb, and thought it was cute to spend gobs of money on each other.
Say for instance--our very first Valentines Day.
I knew the guy for barely a month and what do you know?
He had a dozen roses waiting for me.
A freakin' dozen.
Count em'.
12.
Last time I checked-a dozen roses isn't cheap on Valentines Day.
But did he care?
No.
And to top it--he cooked dinner for me too.
Fast forward to last years Valentines Day.
I walked into our house and what do I see waiting for me on the kitchen counter?
A miniature size bottle of hand sanitizer.
Not even one of those good smellin' kind.
But the cheap, generic, CVS brand that has .99 cents written at the top.
Because in case you didn't know--nothing screams "I love you baby" more than
"Hey yo girl--
get that dirt off your hands with this hand sanitizer I got ya"
This year, we are doing away with gifts.
Thanks hunny, but I'll save ya the .99 cents and get my own sanitizer.
Instead, we are focusing all of our efforts and money on a classy dinner out.
To where you may ask?
You saw correctly.
I have reservations at Chick-fil-a people.
Yes, Chick-fil-a is taking reservations for Valentines Day.
It's about be fancy up in herrr'.
Moral of the story:
Stay with somebody long enough and your gifts will result in hand sanitizer and chicken nuggets.
And husband--if you are reading...
I wouldn't want to be eating chicken nuggets and waffle fries with anybody else.
I would on the other hand be totally down with an IPhone 4s in case you are wondering.
Love you :)
...Come read about all of my other love stories here.
Can't wait to meet you!
*********************************************************************************
See, I told you she would make you laugh!
Aren't her and her hubby so adorable!!!
And they totally share the same style as me when it comes to Valentine's Day.
I mean what better way to spend the evening going to dinner at Chick fil a?
Sounds pretty great to me! As long as you're with the one you love, who cares, right?
Go head over to Erin's blog. I promise you won't be disappointed that you did!
*********************************************************************************
See, I told you she would make you laugh!
Aren't her and her hubby so adorable!!!
And they totally share the same style as me when it comes to Valentine's Day.
I mean what better way to spend the evening going to dinner at Chick fil a?
Sounds pretty great to me! As long as you're with the one you love, who cares, right?
Go head over to Erin's blog. I promise you won't be disappointed that you did!



3 comments:
Awe I love her :) She always cracks me up!
Happy Valentine's Day :)
Came over from I (think) I Can, and I agree, your blog is happy and sunshiny!!
But this post is too cute and funny!! I think it 90% of married couples celebrate Valentines in this manner...
This year I got a text, "Hey, Happy V Day! We do'in dinner or are you cooking?"
Ohhh...the romance just flows at our house!
Sooooo true! I LOVE THIS POST!
Post a Comment