Wednesday, February 15, 2012

{GUEST POST} Because (I Think) I Can!

Todays guest post comes from Leanne who blogs at Because (I think) I Can. She does a great job of telling you all who she is and what she loves, so instead of me stealing her spotlight, I'll let her share herself :)

********************************************************************************
Hi everyone!! My name is Leanne and my blog is Because (I think) I Can. I found Ashley's blog sunshine.life.love., only a short time ago. We actually both signed up on another blog to have anonymous critiques done on our blogs.... and I was assigned Ashley's! (Yup Ashley, that was me!) I didn't give a very good critique, because it was all positive! I immediately became a new follower, and couldn't find anything to critique her about! Ashley and her blog just gives me a feel-good-sunshiny feeling, it makes me happy to read her posts!
I am currently living "the dream". My dream anyways!! After a career in my early 20's as a flight attendant, and then owning my own home-based spa in my late 20's for 5 1/2 years, my hubby and I made the obvious decision that it was now time for me to do exactly what I wanted to do. Be a stay-at-home mom to our 3 beautiful children. However, I still need a little daily escape into my creative side, and that's where blogging comes in! I began my blog last September,and just started up my own Facebook page a couple of weeks ago! I'd love for you to come on over for a visit!
Because (I think) I Can is all about my trials, errors, and successes in diy projects, refurnishing and repurposing, parenting and life... and is appropriately named Because (I think) I Can, because I don't have a clue what I'm doing during any of it!! Here's a few examples of what I do:

My very first refurnishing project was turning some Craigslist finds from these:
Hutch and Desk Before
To this:
Hutch and Desk After!!
...the journey of it all starts here.

Because refinishing furniture is a bit inconvenient during the winter months (see my post on What Was I Thinking?! to get an idea on how inconvenient!) I have found new obsessions in creating wall art...
"Family Rules"
"Every Child Is An Artist"
(Read about "Every Child Is An Artist" here.)

And refinishing and repurposing frames like this,
"before"
and this,
"before"
to this,
"after!"
and this, my new chalkboard frame,
"after!"

And, like I said, occasionally I might tell a story or two about my very cute kids! :)
Cute, right? ;)

Except for the ones I gave links to, I haven't blogged about the other projects yet... but the tutorials will be posted soon! So come over for a visit, stick around for awhile, and enjoy! You can follow my blog by email, RSS feed, pinterest, Linky Followers, or Facebook, all found on the sidebar of my blog!
Thanks for reading my post over here at sunshine.life.love., and thanks again to Ashley for having me!

xo, Leanne
**********************************************************************************
This was wonderful Leanne!
Leanne really makes me want to get off my lazy bum and get back into crafting!
I love the pieces of furniture she refinished, don't you?
And her kids,
Oh boy aren't they so cute?
You can't tell she loves them or anything can you? haha
Make sure you stop by Leanne's blog and say hello!

1 comment:

REBrown said...

I love the desk redo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...