Friday, September 30, 2011

no longer unemployed.....for now

First off, this is the first time I have actually posted every single day of the week. Woo-hoo, do I get any kind of reward for this? haha

Second, I will begin with an apology since this post is going to be quite wordy...

And third, some good news! Almost two weeks ago I went around town and gave my resume to probably 15 different physical therapy clinics, and not one, I mean seriously not one place said they were looking for an aide {of course I gave them my resume anyway}. It was so frustrating and discouraging afterwards. I mean hello, I have my bachelor's now, I have plenty of experience, so why not hire me? I understand every place has to watch their budget, but still.

Then one of the clinics I dropped my resume off to was actually looking for someone. I went in with my resume and asked 'are you currently looking for any physical therapy aides?' and the girl at the front desk goes 'no, not right now' but at that same moment, another lady walked around the corner from their office area and asked what I was looking for and she stopped me right as I was walking out the door. She told me I had come in at the perfect time. So she took me back to talk to me for a bit & then the owner came to talk to me, so it was like a mini interview. After we finished talking they said they would be letting me know soon if anything would work out.

I got a call from them on Wednesday morning asking if I could come in for another quick interview. I flew out of bed & got ready in an hour {shower, blow dry & straighten hair, makeup & nice clothes..whew!} I rushed over there & spoke with another woman. They told me they were only looking for a temporary aide for the next two weeks, and told me that since I was completely available and had experience that I was the type of person they were looking for {being that they needed me to start two days later}...so I officially started TODAY!!!

It was a really good experience & it felt wonderful to be back in the physical therapy setting! And to top it off they ordered in lunch & it was olive garden!!!! My favorite! Plus it will allow me to earn a little more experience, and make some extra money. It's just a bummer that they can't take anyone in for a more permanent spot, but at least they will have me on file in case something opens up!


So with that all said...since this isn't going to be a permanent thing, I've decided I'm going to open up an etsy shop...I mean if I can't find a job working for someone I might as well work for myself until I find something. As of right now I'll be selling handmade frames, earrings, and headbands...stay tuned for the announcement of the opening :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...