This project makes a perfect piece for summer/fall, but I think I'll use it year round!
I found a really neat shaped glass jar in my mom's cupboard and I knew I had to use it for a vase makeover. I pointed it out to my mom and said 'when you finish with what's inside, keep that jar for me!'. She then looked at the jar and saw that things were floating inside of it, and assumed that it wasn't normal, and since she couldn't remember when she bought it or even the last time she used it's contents she told me to just take it! :)
I emptied out what was inside {some kind of vinegar}, removed the paper label, and stuck it in the dishwasher. When it came out it looked like this
| isn't the shape perfect?! |
I decided I was going to wrap this jar in jute twine & make it into a pretty vase.
This process literally took forever! But in the end it was completely worth it!
| close to half way through |
After completely wrapping the whole jar/vase I realized it didn't look finished, it was sorta plain. So I added some green paper ribbon
Every vase needs flowers right? Sunflowers were the perfect flowers for this vase & for $.99 for an entire bushel {originally $3.99} at Michael's I couldn't go wrong
| top view to see the sunflowers better |
The pictures don't make it look as good as it really turned out, but I think it's adorable, and as long as I'm happy with my creation, that's all that matters right? And the best part about this vase makeover is that everything {almost} was free!!!!! Yep that's right! The jar {now vase} was from mom's cupboard, Andrew donated some jute twine that he already had, I had the green paper ribbon & Mod Podge from previous projects. The only thing that was bought were the sunflowers & as I mentioned earlier I got them for $.99 when they were originally $3.99! What a deal!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment