***WARNING--Do not read this post if you do not like grasshoppers***
Saturday Andrew and I went over to Andrew's parents house to take his mom out to dinner for her birthday. Upon returning home, we were walking to the front door & Andrew stops mid stride, pulls out his flashlight, and shines it on one of the rose bushes in the front yard. I look over and start to say hurry up I want to go inside, but mid sentence I look at what he is shining his flash light on, and I stop myself and back up {or jump} about 4 feet. There was a huge {to me at least} grasshopper muching on one of our roses. After I stood far enough to observe him I decided this was a perfect photo op. We went inside and I grabbed my camera, and back out we went. We had some pretty good models!
For our first model we have Turner. This guy was the one Andrew spotted as we were walking to the front door & the one I almost had a heart attack from...
 |
| guess it was his dinner time |
 |
here is the other side of the rose.
you can kind of see the damage turner is causing on these poor roses |
 |
| & theres the damage {all it needs is a mouth & the rose would have a face :)} |
Our second model is Hooch. We were finished with Turner's photo shoot & just as I decided it was time to go back in, I spotted Hooch & of course jumped back 4 feet again, but after catching my breath I realized he needed some head shots too...
 |
| Meet Hooch...he's creepier looking & a lot bigger than Turner |
Although these little fellows almost scared me half to death {I'm not a huge fan of bugs}, they were pretty interesting to watch. I'm not sure my mom will agree with me, since she hates bugs
way more than I do & I'm sure she won't appreciate the grasshoppers using her roses as their midnight snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment