When I first began my perusing addiction on pinterest, I was in search of everything wonderful :)
I came across a recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins {found here} & I was hooked. I had to make them. So I did :D!!!
The recipe for these delicious muffins is so simple!
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
1 large egg
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil or canola oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the honey, egg, milk, oil, and mashed bananas.
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into greased or lined muffin cups, about 2/3 of the way up, and bake for 18 minutes.
6. Cool and serve.
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the honey, egg, milk, oil, and mashed bananas.
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into greased or lined muffin cups, about 2/3 of the way up, and bake for 18 minutes.
6. Cool and serve.
The best thing about these is that you can freeze them for up to 3 months. I think this recipe is perfect to use when you have those bananas that have just started to freckle, but no longer taste good by themselves. So instead of throwing them away, why not make a delicious treat! The recipe says it makes about 12 muffins, but I was able to pull off 16. Wouldn't this be a yummy treat to bring to a breakfast gathering?

No comments:
Post a Comment