Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a sweet thank you

Back in July I decided to chop off all of my hair {a whopping 12 inches}, now that's a lot of hair to take away from a girl who loves her long hair. It was so worth it though because I donated all of that hair to Locks of Love with hopes to help out a person who needed hair more than me, afterall mine can grow back.

It took me nearly a month before I sent my hair off since every time I went to the store I would forget to buy the envelope to mail it in. On the donation page it says that I should be receiving a postcard within 90 days of them receiving my hair letting me know that they used it for someone.

My postcard came in the mail on Monday {which was really only about a month after sending it in} & it made me remember just how great it felt to give my hair to someone who needed it more than I did.

 I often complain about missing my long hair, but this postcard was a reminder that it was only hair for me, but to someone else it changed their life! I'll definitely be doing this donation again :)

front of the postcard
the special note on the back of the postcard

Although I'm sure the postcards are generic for all donators, it still makes me feel special knowing that whoever is now wearing my hair really does appreciate what I did for them, and it makes me feel even better knowing that my little donation made a huge difference in a child's life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...