Monday, September 12, 2011

I 'Felt' like it!

Not to worry, it's still me {I recently changed my blog name from 'a touch of ashley' to 'Life gets crafty}. I feel like the new title has an even better fit with this blog since I like to share some of what goes on in my personal life as well as what I do with my creative side. So it's still the same me, but with what I think is a better blog name!

Sorry for the cheesy title, I just couldn't think of anything else ;)
This weekend Andrew and I headed up to Fresno for a visit with two of my favorite Fresno people, Lauren & Janine! I'll post later about the weekend, but for now I'm going to share what I did during our craft night!


Clearly you can tell I decided to decorate a frame :)

Materials needed:
-Wooden frame (found at Michael's for $1.00)
-Yarn (of any color)
-Felt (of any color)
-Scissors
-Hot glue gun
-Buttons

I used the yarn (a semi coral looking color) to wrap the edges of the frame


I hot glued pieces of felt to make the petals for the flowers {this color was for the larger flower}
The tutorial for the flower was found here



I arranged the petals on my frame to form the flower shape


Then I made two smaller flowers in a different colored felt & added buttons to the middle of each flower {I didn't feel like it looked complete at this point, but I sure was lovin' it}


So I added a little twine for the finishing touch & I was in love. It turned out even better than what I had imagined in my head!



Overall this frame cost less than $3.00 & to me it looks store bought {not to boast about my own creation or anything...} What do you think of this frame?

1 comment:

AnJayla said...

Love the colors!! And the flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...