Monday, November 7, 2011

French Toast Muffins

French toast in muffin form? Yes please!

I came across a blog that had this recipe posted & I decided immediately that I needed to make it for breakfast. It's so easy & I can just guess that almost everyone already has the ingredients right in their kitchen!


If the above picture looks delicious to you, go make these yummy muffins now {or for breakfast tomorrow}


Ingredients:
--For muffin--
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

--For topping--
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon
{I had a ton of topping left over so if you choose to use less you can!}

all ingredients mixed together

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium-large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
3. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined, but still lumpy.
4. Scoop batter into muffin tins
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown
--To make the topping--
1. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
2. Place melted butter in another small bowl.
3. Dip the warm muffins in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar.
ENJOY!

ready for the oven!
straight out of the oven, before topping
& with topping!

Bon Appetit! I suggest eating these while they are still warm, and if there are leftovers just re-heat them before eating!
The original recipe came from this wonderful blog! So thankful that this person decided to share this awesome recipe, so now I'm sharing it with you!

3 comments:

Anna Elder said...

oh my gosh these look amazing!! so happy to come across this recipe. i love finding new things to bake! :)

Ashley said...

They were delicious Anna! I hope you like them as well :)

BF said...

I'm definitely going to have to try this, I love french toast, and used to eat it at every breakfast outting we went on when I was a kid. Now still do, but with some variation! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...