Monday, November 14, 2011

cake you can eat with your hands

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Here's a little treat to start your week off right!

If you like cake with frosting & sprinkles, you will LOVE this recipe.
Andrew's grandparents gave me a box of cake mix a couple weeks ago with a request that I make them something. I didn't want to make regular cake or cupcakes, I wanted to try something different. I came across a recipe to make cake sandwiches and went crazy with it. It was really fun to bake!


all together now

I was able to make 24 total cake sandwiches which is actually a really good amount. They taste wonderful too. To find the recipe check out this wonderful blog. I even used the recipe she posted to make the home made frosting. Go check it out & get to baking :)

6 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

I want one! We call them 'whoopie pies' locally... My fave are the red velvet ones my local diner makes! Man, I bet these are AWESOME for little fingers to hold on to.

<3 - Chickadette

*have you entered my giveaway? it's up!*
www.chickadette.blogspot.com

Anastasia said...

They look so damm delicious and I'm so hungry at the moment 'cause I just got back from my work.
Maybe I will try to bake them during weekend.
xxxx

henning love said...

i love cake sandwiches or whoopie pies. i made some last week, will be doing a guest posting later htis week with the recipe but they are soo yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my....these sound heavenly!! xox

Eleanor Ozich said...

My daughter would LOVE these. Thanks for sharing!

eleanorsara.blogspot.com

Emmett Katherine said...

this is a really cool idea! The cake sandwiches look so cute and delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...