Sunday, August 7, 2011

Halos

Last month, for mine and Andrew's birthdays my dad gave us tickets to see the Angels v. Mariners game, which took place last night. I think the last time I went to a game at Angel stadium was about 8 years ago. I'm not an Angel fan (even though I wore Angel red to the game haha), but I was happy to be there in the baseball environment. We had awesome seats, and a few surprises throughout the evening. Andrew's family also had tickets to last nights game, so we carpooled with them.

Here was the view from our seats. Perfect foul ball territory, but we weren't lucky enough to have one come to our section.

First surprise of the evening: Andrew and I were at our seats getting settled in before the game started and all of a sudden we hear a voice behind us say "Angels suck" so we both immediately turn around and it just so happens to be my dad's friend Randy, and a few minutes after that my dad walks by. Surprise, surprise haha. Their seats were in the section below ours, but we were not expecting them to be at the game. It was fun to run into familiar faces at a full stadium. note: Randy is a die-hard Angels fan, so his previous comment was to get our attention haha.

Second surprise of  the evening: Ludacris! I guess this one doesn't completely count as a surprise since we knew he was going to be there prior to arriving. I'm not a fan of Ludacris, although I'll admit to semi-knowing some of his songs, but I thought it was pretty neat to have a concert after the game. We didn't stay too far into the concert. It was a little painful for the ears, especially since there are absolutely no acoustics at a stadium, so we left after about 3 or 4 songs.

Although the Angels lost (I was secretely 'haha-ing' =]), it was a fun night. And there probably won't be too many more events where I will be caught wearing an Angels shirt either haha.


2 comments:

Lizzie @ Emmerson and Fifteenth said...

Hi Ashley,
Thanks for checking out my blog - I'm glad you like it! I see your blog is new - enjoy blogging!
-Lizzie (Pretty City Things)

James and Michelle said...

Angel red looks good on you.. you should consider throwing away those pin stripes! :) ..just a thought, because I know deeeeep down inside, you really ♥ the Angels! :)

I love reading your blog! Keep 'em coming! ..and I promise, I won't leave anymore Angels comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...