Sunday, July 31, 2011

Full of hearts

As promised I am posting about my creation I did during my birthday weekend at Color Me Mine. I chose this over-sized cup because I wanted something I could put cereal in, and have a handle to hold the 'bowl' as well as use it for ice cream, or tea, etc. So far I have used it for everything but tea, and I am pleased with how it has worked out :). And on top of that I'm really happy with how the look of it came out. It was a lot more expensive than what I would ever pay for a normal cup, but it was fun being able to put my creativity into it & to spend time with amazing people while making my masterpiece. Here it is:

BEFORE
this was right after I finished painting it at Color Me Mine, before it was fired in the kiln
note: Janine working hard in the background :)

AFTER
I'm happy with the outcome, the colors were brighter but not much different than before it was fired. And I had to leave my mark on it, just in case in the future when I'm in a phase of trying to get rid of things, I can remember I painted this :)

Have you ever done a project at Color Me Mine? If so what did you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A is for Andrew =) did a good job on your cup! Had a good time doing this with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...