Tuesday, August 16, 2011

THE GRADUATE!!!


Ah yes! A sigh of relief! I finally received my diploma in the mail yesterday after waiting 3 long months to see it! I was such a happy girl the weekend of my graduation because I had my loving family, a few of my best friends and my amazing boyfriend there to help me celebrate my accomplishment. It was such a fun weekend having the family visit and let them see where I spent the last 5 years of my life. Although I was able to walk across stage as my name was called, it still did not feel like I actually graduated because I wasn't able to walk away with that piece of paper that proved I had done it. Now that I finally have that piece of paper, I feel like I accomplished something! YAY! I received my Bachelor's of Science in Interdisciplinary Health and Rehabilitation Sciences with an option in Pre-Physical Therapy (try saying that 5 times fast). Even though I can't really do a whole lot with my degree at this point, I'm so excited to finally have that paper to prove it. I'm in the process of applying to Graduate school right now, so within the next 3-4 years I will have another piece of paper to prove my degree, but this time it will mean so much more, I will have my Doctorate in Physical Therapy! :) Ahhhh, I'm so excited to see what the future holds, but for now take a look at some of my favorite pictures from graduation weekend:
My mom made this awesome poster for me. So creative with so much meaning!
He was such a trooper through my undergrad career
from right to left:
Aunt Renee, Mom, Me, Aunt Cindy, Aunt Donna
even Andrew's parents came to help me celebrate!
I'm so thankful to have met these two wonderful ladies! I miss them!
so thankful to have such wonderful parents who were so supportive through the whole journey :)
the whole Hight family. So glad they were able to be there!
I have a million more pictures I could show, but these were some of my favorites. I am so happy to have the first step in the direction toward my career complete. Now on to step 2: Grad school!

2 comments:

James and Michelle said...

Congratulations Ashley!! You've accomplished so much, and yet you're still so motivated to keep going to achieve your dream! I can't wait for you to be Dr. Ashley D. Hamberger! That sounds so nice! :)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Congrats!!! That is def something to be SO proud of!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...