Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Creative Side

Lately I have been so inspired by DIY projects and I have been dying to complete some of my own. For my first project, I decided to Mod Podge a magazine holder. I have been searching and searching for cute magazine holders, but have not had any luck finding one that I just can't live without. The other day I was at Michaels buying some paint for another project and I randomly decided to look in the pre-made wood projects section. I came across a magazine holder! Who would have thought? The price was cheaper than others I had been seeing anyways so I figured, what the heck, I'll buy it and put my own touch to it.


Here it is in it's plain wood look, before I spiced it up!
This project was so simple, and did not take long at all. I popped in a movie while I worked on it, and a total of two movies later it was complete. Heres how it went:

Step 1: After having the magazine holder, and all other tools (mod podge, wrapping paper, & paint), I decided to paint the inside of mine white.

Step 2: Take wrapping paper & mod podge it to the outside of the holder.


Step 3: Let Mod Podge completely dry (I applied two coats), & enjoy the new look of your magazine holder.



This was my first Mod Podge project and it was so simple, anyone can do it! It came out a bit wrinkled, but I think there are ways to fix that for future Mod Podge projects, as for this one, I LOVE IT! Fully functional, matches with plenty of decor, and so adorable!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...