| Andrew and I on Christmas morning! |
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Sorry I haven't been around for a while but I feel like I needed to take a little break from posting everyday. I can't believe this week is almost over already. I'm going to share the shenanigans that took place this Christmas holiday, unfortunately I forgot to capture basically anything with a camera :(
-Friday, December 23rd-
Every year my mom's family gets together for the holidays just to gather basically. We don't give gifts anymore because truthfully it just started to get too expensive as the family continued and will continue to grow. This year my aunt and uncle had us all over to their house and we did a white elephant gift exchange. We did it a little different than what I'm used to. We started out with everyone sitting around the room and there were three trays with 2 dice in each tray. We passed the trays with dice around the room and when it was your turn you had to roll and if you got doubles you got to choose a gift but couldn't open it. After everyone had their gift {I was the last since apparently I suck at rolling doubles} we went around the room opening the gifts one person at a time. Once everyones gifts were opened we passed the dice around the room, rolling until we got doubles again, and if we did get doubles we got to steal/switch gifts with someone. This part sucked because I originally picked a gift that had a candle, pincone necklace and something else, but someone stole it and I ended up with a car detailing kit...womp womp haha. I ended up giving that to my uncle. It was still a fun way to spend time with the family, and it was good to socialize with everyone and eat some yummy food!
-Saturday, December 24th: Christmas Eve-
Every year for Christmas Eve we celebrate with Andrew's family. This year it ended up just being Andrew and I, his parents, his brother, sister-in-law and niece. It was a nice relaxing evening. We ended up sitting outside by the heater with a fire pit going, after we opened gifts. The boys {Andrew, his brother & dad} all got Nerf guns, so they were like little boys again going crazy shooting each other throughout the house. I really wish I would have gotten pictures of this part of the evening. They continued to shoot at each other until Andrew got shot in the eye, then it was time to take it easy haha.
![]() |
| On our way for Christmas Eve I tell him to give me a silly face & that's what I get |
![]() |
| silly girl/cupcake face left: I tell her to smile cute & that's what she gives me right: second try I got a cute smile :) |
| Fire pit |
-Sunday, December 25th: Christmas Day-
We always spend Christmas day morning with my mom. This year we had a wonderful Christmas morning breakfast that included pancakes, eggs, bacon, tamales, toast, and orange juice. It was delicious and I was beyond full! We then opened presents and spent some time together enjoying the beautiful weather. A little later, Andrew and I headed down to Huntington Beach to spend some time with my Dad and Grandma. It was a great visit because I never get to see them until way after the holidays, neither of them celebrate Christmas because they are Jewish, so we don't usually make plans for Christmas time. This also makes it easier when we are invited to places because we don't have to worry about factoring in time to see them for this specific holiday too.
| My gift from Santa Claus Partridge in a Pear Tree Salt & Pepper shakers from Pottery Barn I told my mom I wanted these back in July and she must have gotten them right away since apparently they were sold out in October. I love her! |
Overall, it was a great Christmas, it seemed so busy and now I am glad I can just sit and relax. I told Andrew that next year on Christmas day, I think we should spend the morning with my mom like usual and then come home {to wherever home is then} and sit with the fireplace on, Christmas tree lit, hot chocolate {for me} and coffee {for him} in hand and watch Christmas movies for the rest of the day and eat a yummy meal for dinner, and whoever wants to visit us is more than welcome!
Again, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and enjoyed spending time with your loved ones, I know I did!


2 comments:
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas :)
I love the white elephant exchange idea with dice! It'd be hard, but it'd make it more fun!
Sounds like a great Christmas!
Post a Comment