Monday, October 10, 2011

it's pumpkin time

After a long week last week, I decided to end it with some baking. I love baking!

It's also that time of year where every recipe should include pumpkin :). Not gonna lie, I used to not be a fan of anything pumpkin, I just thought it had a weird taste to it, so I refused to eat anything that included pumpkin flavor...until now!

On Friday one of the girls that I can temporarily call a co-worker {I'm only working a temp job right now} made pumpkin muffins with nutella. As soon as I heard nutella I was sold. While I was on lunch I decided I had to try one, and as soon as I did I knew I was in heaven. Literally within a minute of finishing the muffin, I searched for a recipe for the same muffins on my iPhone. I found one, and decided when I got off work I was going to the grocery store to purchase the needed ingredients.

Here is the recipe for Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Muffins:

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil {I actually used vegetable oil}
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nutella

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin/cupcake pan with liners or cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and extracts. Whisk until smooth and combined.
4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.
5. Pour the batter into the muffin liners about 3/4 of the way. Add preferred amount of nutella to each individual muffin and swirl into batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick is no longer gooey.

Take a look at how mine turned out
ingredients
the batter is ready

They're finished!!!! :)
Let me tell you, these turned out amazing!!! If you like pumpkin, nutella, and muffins, you must make these little tasties!!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

These look delicious!! I'm definitely making them!

Ashley said...

They were very delicious. I hope you like them when you make them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...