Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a little BOO & a little HOWL

Yesterday was perfect Fall weather. We got some pretty good rain all morning long but by noon the weather felt amazing! Good weather=good day to carve pumpkins!

That's exactly what we did. Andrew and I headed outside to carve our pumpkins we picked up this last weekend. I seriously don't think I have ever carved a complete pumpkin by myself, so this was a first for me {I was the kid who just decorated their pumpkin}. I really enjoyed it too, minus the gooey feeling of the insides of the pumpkin. And I was very proud of how my first carved pumpkin turned out.

showing off our pumpkins before carving them
outlining around the stem to make the top
mine on the left, Andrew's on the right
YAY!
Happy little pumpkin family
at night with the candles inside

I'm so proud of our little pumpkins. Now the front porch looks a little more festive. Andrew free-handed his design and I think it turned out wonderful. If you were to vote on which pumpkin you liked best which would you choose? Mine {ghost} or Andrew's {wolf} haha. It's just a fun little thing we were competing on, no prizes or anything we just want to see who likes who's better :)

We also saved all of the pumpkin seeds after hollowing them out, but since I have never done anything with pumpkin seeds before I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...