
When it comes to the make-up department, I'm definitely not an expert. I have a routine that I follow on a daily basis & very rarely will I stray away from it. Foundation, eyeliner, mascara, blush, chapstick. Yup! That's all. It takes me all of 5 minutes to complete & I'm happy with that.
Now here's the problem. My mom introduced me to Bare Minerals foundation a few years ago and I fell in love with it. I loved how the powder felt compared to the icky liquid I was using before. It made my face feel fresh & I thought it looked better and lasted longer throughout the day. I noticed I was getting low on my current Bare Minerals foundation, so I took a trip over to Ulta beauty to pick up a new foundation.
When I walked into the store I immediately went to the Bare Minerals section to pick up my foundation so I could leave before spotting anything else I might want. As I was looking, one of the workers came up to me and asked if I needed help. I then started to ask her if Bare Minerals changed the names of their foundation again, etc. After a while she asks me why I like Bare Minerals, and basically tells me its a horrible foundation {what!}. So then she starts to rave about Smashbox. She tells me it has more minerals, has anti-aging chemicals, doesn't set into your pores clogging them up and making them look bigger, etc, etc. She also states that if I have ever noticed my make-up gathering in creases on my face that it's not because of my skin it's because of the make-up I'm using. Then she admits it is more expensive than Bare Minerals but it lasts at least a year.
All of this information got me thinking & debating on which to buy. Since I go through Bare Minerals about once every three months at $26 a container it gets expensive. Smashbox is $60 but if it lasts a full year it ends up being less than what I pay for Bare Minerals. I also like everything else the sales person had to say about Smashbox & she actually kinda sold me on it {I didn't buy it yet}.
Here's where you guys come in...I want opinions on which foundation you think is better since I am no expert. Do you agree with what the sales woman told me? Or do you think she was just trying to make a sale? The reviews I read match up with what she told me, I just want others opinions. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think :) I appreciate honest answers!

No comments:
Post a Comment