Thank you so much to each of you who responded to my last post about my grandma going into the hospital.
I truly appreciate every single one of your thoughts and prayers that you sent our way.
It is seriously beyond amazing how powerful prayer can be.
Let me update you a little on the situation to prove the power of prayer.
As I stated in my last post my grandma went into the hospital last Monday {Feb 27th}.
When we arrived Monday night she was unconscious, unresponsive, on a ventilator and a million medications to keep her heart beating in hopes to regain its normal rhythm.
Monday was a terrifying evening for our entire family because things did not look good & by the words of the doctor it felt like we had to start thinking of the worst.
We did not go back to the hospital until Friday {trust me, it broke my heart having to wait that long to go back and see her}.
On Friday things were beginning to improve but were still extremely scary for us all.
But the good thing at that point was that she was no longer on medications to regulate her heart rate and blood pressure, which meant her heart was regaining strength.
Sunday was our next visit.
She was still on the ventilator. But she was beginning to respond more to our voices.
Andrew and I spent a significant amount of time in the room just talking to her.
When we mentioned gas prices she frowned and got upset {we could tell by the changes in her vitals}
but when we spoke of other happier things she moved her hands and feet.
When we told her we needed to leave to allow her to get rest she shook her head no at least 3 times.
When she shook her head no, it tore my heart into a million pieces.
I lost it & had to leave the room
Which meant Andrew stayed behind.
He calmed her down & continued speaking to her. She opened her eyes and was just looking at him and listening to what he had to say. By the time he left he said her vitals looked perfect and she was peaceful.
{I'm seriously the luckiest girl on the planet to have a boyfriend as great as him}
By Monday we received news that she was off the ventilator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This news was sooo exciting since the doctors said they were not going to take her off until she was responding well enough that they knew she would be okay to breath on her own without forgetting.
Tuesday I got a call saying she was removed from CCU and placed in a private room!
Uhhh hello! Miracle? or God's answer to our prayers?
Whatever it was, I couldn't be happier.
We visited with her Tuesday night and she was able to carry on a full conversation.
When I say she is the strongest woman I have ever met, it's the truth!
In one week my grandma has made a miraculous recovery!
She told us she has no recollection of us being there during the worst part, but we reassured her she knew we were there at the time & it's okay to not remember.
It's going to be a long tough road from here, but we are willing to do what it takes to make her comfortable.
We think the medications are still wearing off because she is saying some pretty interesting/crazy things right now, but in due time that should become less.
There is talk of the hospital discharging her by the end of the week
She will be sent to a rehab facility after discharge.
No matter what it is, I am so thankful that I got to speak with her again.
She's a fighter & only a woman like her at the age of 88 could make this great of a turn around after a week!
Thank you all again for your prayers!
I can only hope for a comfortable recovery from this point on.
It's in His hands now & although it seems hard He knows what He has planned!
3 comments:
So happy to hear this :) Prayer is a very powerful thing! Hope she continues to have a speedy recovery!!
I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better. I'll certainly still keep you and your family in my thoughts!
That is amazing news! I'm so happy to hear this!
Post a Comment