In my whole entire life I think I have participated in one race and that was back when I was a little child.
I think it was about a mile run, but it was fun!
More recently I have been wanting to get involved in participating in more races, but I want to take part in those that go towards a good cause.
My mom came home from work one day & said that a lady she works with had given her some information about an upcoming race, so we looked up the details and signed our little bootys up!
Both my mom and myself will be taking part in this race for the Jody Klein breast cancer fund!
If you google the name, you can read a very touching story about the reason for this cause.
It kind of goes hand in hand with the Susan G. Koman breast cancer fund.
Anyway, our race is taking place on Sunday, March 25th in Palm Springs! {any of you who live in the Southern California area still have time to sign yourselves up!-email me if you're interested}
I am so excited to be taking part in such an awesome cause!
The fundraising goal for this race is a total of $15,000 and I made a personal goal to raise $500.
I'm still trying to reach my goal & am currently at $65, so if you do the math I still have a ways to go before I reach my personal goal.
All proceeds go towards this breast cancer fund, and your donation is tax deductable!
Every little bit donated goes a long long way.
If you or someone you know has been affected by breast cancer, I suggest you look into this cause & if you want to donate {even if it's only a dollar} you can click here & it will take you to my fundraising page. The money goes directly to the organization!
Donations are being accepted up until April 30th.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me: ashham88(at)gmail(dot)com
I will be more than happy to answer your questions & it would really mean a lot to me if you took the time to read about this cause & even donate if you are able to.
Again, the money goes directly to the organization, not me!
Thanks in advance! I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!!!

1 comment:
I hope you make your goal!
Post a Comment