Tuesday, March 20, 2012

{RECIPE} New Brunswick Chocolate Chip Cookies

So sorry for the extremely late post today,
but I can promise you that you will be drooling by the end & thanking me for sharing :)

About a month ago we celebrated a mini bridal shower for one of the girls I work with
It was a Canadian themed pot luck.
Canadian themed because her and her hubs went to Canada for their honeymoon.
Well since I'm not much of a cook & I prefer to bring a homemade item to pot lucks, I consulted the world wide web for some Canadian dessert options.

I came across a few really delicious looking things, but the one I ended up making is called
New Brunswick Chocolate Chip Cookies.

"soft chocolate chip peanut butter oat cookies with a hint of cinnamon"

Wanna know how to make these yummy cookies!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk, cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, mix in the rolled oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

ready to be placed on the cookie sheet & into the oven!

All finished!!
Well! What do you think! I know you want to jump up right now and make them! They were such a huge hit at work, that by the end of the day there were only 5 left on the platter that I brought. The platter began with about 36 cookies! Yea they are that good!
Let me know if you try these out and what you think of them! I'll definitely be making them again!!!

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Servings: 36

P.S. I'm loving the questions you guys have asked me so far, keep them coming! & if you're not sure what I'm talking about take a look at this post :)


2 comments:

REBrown said...

My grandma always makes these for us to take with us on vacation. For some reason she calls them Ranger Cookies.

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

I want these in my belly.. please! :) They look sooo good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...