Today was the day that I did the chop! My cousin is my hair dresser and she has been wanting to do something fun and different with my hair for quite a while, but I have always been too afraid of chaning it. So today she finally got to do something drastically different (at least length wise, I'm not too fond of coloring my hair yet). I got to her house and explained how I wanted my hair to look when she was finished, and there she began. She put my long hair into a poneytail, and adjusted the hair tie until it was exactly 10 inches (thats right, I cut off a whole 10 inches, actually a little more). We were busy talking, and I could feel her putting it into a braid, but was not aware of much else. Suddenly I hear the scissors snipping away, and before I knew it she was holding 10 inches of my hair in her hands! I looked at it and said "you didn't even give me a chance to change my mind" haha, and it was a good thing she didn't because I usually chicken out.
As of right now, I am happy with it because it feels so healthy, and I know I did it for a good cause. It's going to take some getting used to but I think I'll be happy, plus it's only hair, and it grows back, right? My hair will be donated to locks of love, where they will make a wig for a child who does not have hair.
BEFORE
this was after taking the hair dryer to it
this was right after curling it (probably what I will miss most)
AFTER
1 comment:
I enjoyed the pictures on Facebook, but even more I liked reading the blog about your experience. What a generous and kind gift you've given to a child in need. I'm proud of you!
Kim Bagato
Post a Comment