Monday, March 9, 2015

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!

WHOA!!!

The last time I touched this blog was in April of 2013....
Ummmm, hello?! It's March of 2015 already!

I gave up on blogging a few years ago because I became so busy with life that blogging just wasn't at the top of my priority list. 
I still signed in every now and then to see what some of my favorite bloggers were writing about but never felt interested in posting something of my own.
Then recently after looking back on my old posts I realized how awesome it was to be able to document and share my life.
Honestly if no one reads any of it, I'm ok with that.
I'm going to start blogging again for me because I feel it is so important to be able to look back and see what I was doing years or even just months prior.

This first post (after a few years) isn't going to be anything special.

So on to a brief update of my life from almost 2 years!

If you all remember back in this post I wrote about how I started a Master's program in Orthotics and Prosthetics....well that didn't work out so well for me (my decision to withdrawal from the program will be saved for another post)
The good thing that came out of that program is that I learned about what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life...I made the decision to pursue a career as an Occupational Therapist, so I am now in school earning my Master's in Occupational Therapy and I could not be happier with my decision and the trials that were thrown at me to make this decision. I just finished my 3rd quarter and began my first fieldwork (more to come later on the whole OT program) and I seriously cannot wait to see what the rest of this program has to offer and teach me about the rest of my life in this career.

Another thing that is new(er) is that we now have 2 dogs! 
In previous posts, you've all heard about Pancake (our Pembroke Welsh Corgi).
Well one day we got a crazy thought into our head to get another dog and convinced ourselves it was absolutely necessary. It was kind of an 'on the whim' type of decision but at this time in our lives we could not be happier with that decision.
We got a pure bred German Shepherd named Ally (which I will be talking about more later as well).
Our babies were born on the same exact day, one year apart! How crazy right?!
This is another reason why we knew it was meant to be
This month they have their birthday's.
Pancake will be turning 3 and Ally will be 2!!!
Oh how I love my fur babies :)

And lastly, I feel the only other real BIG thing to share is that we no longer live in a condo/apartment.
A year ago in November we moved into a house.
We searched and searched for a long time trying to find a nice house to rent in a safe area, and finally stumbled upon one that fits our needs to perfection as of now.
We would prefer to own our own house, but until I am done with school and a working lady our rental will suffice for now.
It is a 2 bedroom 2 bath house, with a backyard and garage.
It ended up only being another $200 than what we were paying at our condo, where it was only 1 bed 1 bath and no garage or backyard so we had to jump at this opportunity!
I will definitely share what our house has turned into so we can make it our own while we live here because this is definitely something I want to look back at in the future, our first house together :)

Sorry for the long, wordy update but stay tuned for more details on each of these things as well as all the current things we are up to!
I may not post often but that's ok, because like I said I'm doing this blog again for me and if you want to join in along the way I'm more than happy to share with you :)
Happy Monday all!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley Pringle said...

Welcome back Ashley! I dropped out of the blog world around the same time you did and recently came back as well =) I'm not posting with any kind of regularity but it's nice to see another familiar face rejoining this little world.

Ashley said...

Thank you, Ashley :) It's good to be back and just posting for fun as I feel like it. Welcome back to you as well! Look forward to reading your 'occasional' posts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...