I'm going to rewind a little so this post makes more sense.
When we first moved into our current apartment, we decided we wanted a huge area rug to basically cover our entire living room to keep the original carpet cleaner
I hunted and hunted for that perfect rug and finally found one I really liked at Home Depot.
It was perfect for the look I was going for.
Fast forward almost a year...
On New Years Eve, while most people are out ringing in the new year,
we spent our celebration dealing with a flood in our apartment.
Our washing machine decided that was the day it wanted to fill itself up a little too much to ruin my night :(
It flooded to the point where it ruined our carpet both in the bedroom & living room.
We told the owner of our unit what happened and a few months later we made a suggestion to him that instead of replacing the carpet with new carpet it may be a better idea to do wood flooring or tile throughout.
Most of the other units in our complex have switched to hard wood throughout so we didn't see the owner really saying no.
Fast forward to today/last night...
As we were moving all of our furniture off of the carpet last night, we also had to move our rug,
well when we did that we saw a horrible amount of potty stains underneath.
We stared at it and pondered for quite a while, then we realized
maybe that's why he is still occasionally going potty in the house?!
We think that he may have still been smelling where he had gone potty when he was a puppy and felt the need to go there again.
So we made the heartbreaking decision to throw away our beloved rug :(
since there really wouldn't be a way to completely get rid of the scent.
Now heres where I need help.
The rug we just got rid of was an 8x10 and I really liked that size.
I would like another one that size but they are so darn expensive.
Here's the one I had

Now should I get the same one again? Or go with something different?
I have kinda that eclectic/shabby chic style going on right now.
What do you think? And if you think I should go with something else, please help me with ideas!
Like places where you have successfully found a rug, or where you're dreaming of buying one!
Thanks! :)
xoxoAshley
1 comment:
We are in the market for a new rug too - we are getting hard wood floors soon and I'm afraid it's going to look so bare without anything on the floors.
Post a Comment