Monday, June 11, 2012

this wont be the last time

Actually I wish it would be the last time...

Last Thursday I left for work, and Pancake had woken Andrew up,
so he got up for a while with the puppy but eventually fell back asleep.

Well when he fell back asleep this is what happened....

scratched the paint off the wall here and tore the heck out of the carpet

the wall

theres the carpet


and the wad of carpet threads he pulled out

I find out through picture text message that Pancake had done this and I was at work so really what could I do? I was pretty upset though.
We are currently renting an apartment, which means that when we move out this little disaster is going to cost a pretty penny (or an ugly one in my opinion).
And what makes it better is that some of this lovely carpet appeared in his poop, so he had a nice little meal out of it too..

UGH puppies...
haha.
It's frustrating but at the same time we kind of knew this type of thing would happen.
We gave him a little too much freedom too soon and we got our payback.
I still love him to death & his cute face can seriously almost get him out of any trouble he gets into.
If looks could kill...
I mean really, how can you be mad at that face for long?

He is growing so fast...Today he is 12 weeks old!
Can anyone tell me what you have done to keep your Corgi in line? or any puppy?
I'm willing to take any advice.
He's such a smart dog, but he is a puppy so there will be mistakes,
but I just want to hear what others have done!


3 comments:

Frances said...

Take it from another Corgi mom - baby/puppy gates are your best friends. When I leave the house, he's gated in the kitchen. That way, the damage is minimal. Nappy has chewed paint off the walls and cabinets (luckily, we're at my mom's house so it's just the cost of some fresh paint), but it's still very frustrating. Also, at Petsmart is stuff called Bitter Apple. It helps deter chewing. It tastes bad and Nappy doesn't chew anything I've sprayed with it. You'll probably have to spray whatever each time you leave, but Pancake will learn!

Hope I helped! It really is hard to stay mad at those sweet little faces.

-Frances @ Keynotes

REBrown said...

That's seriously the worst feeling in the world. Our chihuahua ate a hole in our carpet at our old rental house. Not fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Pancake has grown up so quick! Absolutely adorable even if the pup has been a bit naughty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...