Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pancakes to eat, or pancakes to love

In yesterday's post I told you all I wanted to share with you my new pride and joy!

Andrew and I recently moved into a new place (another post on that later)
and when we moved we decided that we wanted to get a puppy :)

For a while I had been wanting a Corgi
so we did our research on them and decided that it would be a great dog for us to have as our first!
They are a good size for a smaller place, they are smart as a whip, and so fun to be around!

After deciding we were going to get a Corgi we did more research on finding a breeder.
We ended up finding one about 45 minutes away from where we live, and kept in contact with the breeder until she was allowing people to come see the pups.
The poor mom of these pups ended up having 7 of them, now thats a lot for a Corgi
1 girl and 6 boys! YIKES!!!
Our problem was that we couldn't decide whether we wanted a girl or a boy,
Andrew wanted a girl and I wanted a boy (go figure haha)
When we finally were able to work out a time to go see the puppies, the breeder only had boys left.

It was so exciting the day we went to meet them.
We immediately fell in love with the runt of the litter, but trust me he does not act like a runt at all.
So let me stop talking and finally show you my precious baby boy!

Please say hello to Pancake :)
here he is the day we met him
at 4 weeks old

a few days after we chose him the breeder sent us this
we went to visit him 2 weeks after we initially saw him and he already looked like this
and here he is a few days ago! This is the cute face that now belongs to us :)
8 weeks old
& of course he has made himself at home already
I just love this baby boy so much! He seriously makes me crack up everyday with something silly he does. He is absolutely perfect. We have only had him since Saturday but he is already telling us when he has to go poop, and he very rarely has any accidents in the house (at least way less than I imagined for a puppy). He follows us everywhere we go & as of Tuesday night he is sleeping all through the night :) What more can I ask for? Although he is the runt, he is perfect to us! He is already so smart and I can't wait to see what the next 10-15 years bring :)

4 comments:

Shannon Marie said...

So adorable! I must admit, boyfriend REALLY wants a corgi. I'm a bit skeptical because I've always wanted a dog I could go running with.But you'll have to keep me up-to-speed on how Pancake is as he gets older! :) Please keep posting this adorable photos!XO

Frances said...

Don't you just love it?! Nappy had potty training almost figured out after a week here. And sleeping through the night was no problem after 2 nights with me! Corgis are the best and certainly the funniest! So glad you're enjoying your little corgi boy like I'm enjoying mine!

-Frances @ Keynotes

REBrown said...

Oh my gosh how sweet!

Cori H. said...

He is the cutest puppy I've ever seen! Such a sweet name too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...